What is the value our work is generating for society? This is one of the questions the CSCB Sustainability Forum 2020 – Connection of brands and people – aims to answer. The event will be fully online, live, and for free in the mornings of December 9 and 10. Organization: Brazilian Leather, a project of the Centre for the Brazilian Tanning Industry (CICB) and the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil) to promote national leather in the foreign market. Gold Sponsors: JBS Couros and Smit & Zoon. Silver Sponsors: Euro-America and Units Brasil. Register at https://cicb.org.br/forum2020
Management focused on shared value connects the success of a company with its participation in the development of partners and communities. It is a joint growth: this vision increases the organization's competitiveness and, at the same time, supports society in overcoming challenges. “The importance of the social approach became extremely clear in 2020. The positive impact we can have not only on companies but also on the audience will guide the CSCB Sustainability Forum,” remarks José Fernando Bello, CICB's executive president.
The 2020 edition of the event is international, and will have simultaneous translation in Portuguese and English on both days.
Check the event’s program:
December 9, starting at 10h (BRT):
- Conscious Capitalism: A new perspective for the tanning industry - by Hugo Bethlem, Conscious Capitalism Institute Brazil
- Traceability and sustainability in the leather industry through science - by Kim Sena, JBS Couros
- People as the focus of organizational culture and results at STIHL - by Renata Brill Thum, internal marketing at STIHL
December 10, starting at 10h (BRT):
- Zeology: A step towards socially and environmentally sustainable leather – by Cristofer Burkhard, Smit & Zoon
- The era of simple things: the strength of the slow movement. Winter '21/'22 trends – by Antonella Bertagnin, Lineapelle (Italy)
- Global projections for the leather sector – by David Peters, DLP Advisors (USA)