The initiative promotes the image of the Brazilian leather commercially and institutionally within a varied strategic public all over the world. Through planned actions, the national tannery industry has been able to expand market – with exports to almost a hundred nations -, grown in numbers and technologically developed with positive concept in the most demanding global markets, in addition to contributing to the economy of the country.
We believe in people. We believe in our talent for turning the energy of our hands into products that make history. We believe in sustainability — social, economic, and environmental — to promote transformation. Of cycles, materials, and habits. This is why we believe in design. In industry. In Brazil. We believe in leather.
José Fernando Bello
The Brazilian Leather has been playing a key role, in the sense that it allows and makes it easier for the promotion of special actions connected to qualification, commercial expertise and innovation within the leather production chain on a global scale.
Rise of tanneries
Increase the number of exporters tanneries.
Increase the percentage of Brazilian companies linked to the leather’s internationalisation.
% brazilian companies
+ industry competitiveness
Provide professional qualification and technical improvement to the Brazilian tannery sector, in order to make it more competitive in the international market.
Promote the image of the Brazilian leather along with its target audience.
Bold brazilian image
High added value
Increase the volume of high added value leather exports.
Collaborate with the definition of strategies and target markets to the leather of Brazil.
$$ strategies & markets
The Executing Entity
The Centre for the Brazilian Tanning Industry (CICB) has been working as the official representative body of all Brazilian tanners for 60 years, defending and promoting the sector in the domestic and international markets. The entity pursues the sustainable growth of the segment, while maintaining high standards of professional qualification, health and safety and technological improvement.
CICB supports the national leather industry in order to develop its strengths – as it has been already happening – consolidating it as one of the segments that contributes most to the Brazilian economy. This has been occurring within the different tanneries backgrounds, from small businesses to significant manufacturing units, producing various types of hides, such as bovine finished, semi-finished or special leather.
The Management Committee and its Role
The Brazilian Leather project is managed by a committee that plans, details and idealises the main bases, strategies and objectives of the scheme.
- Alessandro Sousa
- Augusto Sampaio de Souza Coelho
- Carlos Gilberto Santos Obregon
- Deborah de Oliveira Rossoni
- Edson Vanzella
- Eduardo Fuga
- Eduardo Rizzi
- Eduardo Seleme
- Emilio Bittar
- Evandro Luis Durli
- Gilmar Harth
- José Fernando Bello
- Letícia Luft
- Rogério Cunha
- International Press consultancy for the leather of Brazil.
- Advertising and marketing campaigns in the main global markets.
- Organisation of the Brazilian participation in the major sectoral leather trade fairs in the world, such as, APLF (Hong Kong), ACLE (Shangai) and Première Vision Leather (Paris).
- Support initiatives within the national territory, such as, Inspiramais – for business prospecting and CSCB Sustainability Forum
- Support initiatives like the project Design na Pele to promote debates while providing professional qualification and the Brazilian Leather Certification of Sustainability (CSCB), that will define the standards for leather sustainability, qualify and train companies within the sector and promote the best production practices in order to strengthen Brazilian leather in the domestic and international markets
- Development of the “Image Project”, an initiative that brings to the country international media and opinion makers.
- Development of the “Buyer Project”, an initiative that brings to the country worldwide leather importers, in order to strength relations and prospect new business’ opportunities.
- Business Intelligence, with production of analyses, statistics and evaluations regarding the Brazilian leather exports.
José Fernando Bello
Transform, grow and improve in a sustainable way: that is the path CICB and Apex-Brasil, through the Brazilian Leather project encourage our industry to take, in order to reach the highest standards possible in terms of leather production, becoming a unique reference in the international market.
CICB AND APEX-BRASIL PARTNERSHIP
Fruitful in development and results, the CICB and Apex-Brasil partnership is seen as a Brazilian leather industry patrimony. With the creation of the Brazilian Leather project and its notorious success, both institutions led Brazilian leather to large growths in participation in the global market; in respect with major buyers, distributors, and designers; and in perspectives of an even more positive future, not only for Brazilian leather, but for the entire country's economy.
But the partnership between CICB and Apex-Brasil is not only about the project for promoting Brazilian leather abroad. The agency is a large and important knowledge, information, and instruction source for the national leather industry. It is through Apex-Brasil that tanneries' directors and managers take part in activities focused on strategies for the international market, business opportunities, and managing models that enrich our industry, leaving behind a knowledge legacy that tends to grow roots into the professionals who study, know, and work with leather.
CICB and Apex-Brasil have diverse actions that, together, make an even stronger and strategic leather industry for Brazil and the world. It’s a symbiotic relationship that results in developments in competitiveness, quality, and an increasingly better product made in Brazil.
“The Federal Reserve is a vital institution for our economy and the wellbeing of our middle class, and the American people should have no doubt that the Fed is serving the public interest,” Jesse Ferguson, a Clinton campaign spokesman, said in a statement. “That’s why Secretary Clinton believes that the Fed needs to be more representative of America as a whole as well as that complete.
The campaign also provided insight into the type of Federal Reserve governors that Clinton would appoint.
ADHERING THE PROJECT
To join the Brazilian Leather project is a straightforward action that is open to every related company sympathised with the project’s principles. To learn more, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org